Every year in Florida, car accidents claim the lives of multiple individuals and leave others with significant injuries. In the aftermath of a severe car accident, most victims are swamped with expensive medical bills and still have to deal with insurance companies unwilling to pay them the damages they deserve. Instead of dealing with uncooperative insurance companies, take the time to recuperate and let our Miami car accident lawyer help you recover maximum compensation from the insurance companies.
At Klotzman Property Damage Law, we understand how much the injuries sustained from a car accident can alter your daily life. With our legal help, you do not have to face the insurance companies alone, but you can take this time to recover from your injuries. We are well versed in the law and have successfully worked on similar cases, helping our clients recover full damages.
If you believe that the other involved party’s negligence resulted in the car accident causing your injuries, we can help you recover damages. Our experienced Miami personal injury lawyers will review your case and help you understand your legal rights and options. Contact 954-915-7405 today to book your free initial consultation.
Florida Car Accident Statistics
Car accidents have claimed several lives in Miami, Florida, and left others severely injured. Here are a few Miami car accident statistics:
– According to FLHSMV, Miami accounted for about 16% of the total collisions in Florida in 2021
– In 2021, there were 62,530 collisions which was a 21.32% increase to 2020s 51,543 collisions
– Per FLHSMV, there was a total of 348 fatal collisions in 2021
How Much Does A Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
There is no standard fee for car accident attorneys in Miami. Your case’s facts will influence how much your car accident lawyer costs. At Klotzman Property Damage Law, we offer our clients a contingency fee.
With our contingency fee payment plan, we will only charge you after we help you win your lawsuit.
What To Do After A Car Accident
If you have been in a car accident, here is what you should do to protect your interests and rights:
- Contact police: Always call the police to the scene of the accident so they can conduct an assessment and write a report, which comes in handy when filing your claim.
- Check on other involved parties (do not leave): Whatever you do, do not leave the accident scene before the police arrive. Ensure you check on the other parties to make sure they are okay.
- Exchange info: You must exchange important information such as name, address, number plate, insurance company, and policy information with the other party. Doing so makes it easier to track them down when you file your claim.
- Record the scene: Take as many pictures and videos of the accident scene as you can use them later as evidence to support your claim.
- Never admit fault: Even if you are partly to blame, never admit fault after a car accident.
- Seek medical attention: You must seek immediate medical attention after an accident and get a full body check-up even if you feel okay.
- Call a car accident lawyer: Immediately call a lawyer after getting into a car accident. They will offer you legal counsel and help you establish your options and the best action to take.
The Average Settlement For A Car Accident?
There is no standard average settlement for a car accident in Florida since all accidents differ. The settlement will vary depending on the severity of the injuries and damages. Whether or not you are insured will also inform the settlement you receive.
In Florida, all vehicle owners are required to carry personal injury protection and property damage liability. Both insurance covers should have a minimum of $10,000 each.
When Should I Hire An Attorney For My Auto Accident?
It would help if you got a lawyer immediately after being in a car accident. A lawyer will review your case and help you build a sturdy strategy to ensure a successful claim. With legal help, you can take time to recover and let your lawyer handle everything else on your behalf and ensure the insurance company pays you full damages.
Why Do I Need A Lawyer?
It is best to hire a lawyer after getting in a car accident. Here is why you need a lawyer:
– Case preparation/ filing a lawsuit: A skilled attorney will help you collect useful evidence for your case, build a strong case, then help you file a lawsuit.
– Settlement negotiation: Without prior experience negotiating with insurance companies, they will frustrate you and give you a subpar offer. A skilled attorney has experience negotiating with insurance companies and ensuring their clients are paid maximum damages.
– Trial preparation & representation: Your case will proceed to trial if we cannot reach a fair settlement with the insurance company during negotiation. We have trial experience and will represent you in court.
How Much Can I Expect To Receive For My Damages?
How much one receives for damages in a car accident is relevant to their situation. Since each car accident case is unique, there is no specific amount set aside for car accident victims in Florida. The following factors can impact how much damage a car accident victim receives:
– The severity of their injuries
– The extent of the damages they suffer
What Types Of Damages Can I Recover?
The type of damages you receive in a car accident claim is influenced by the unique facts surrounding your case. The types of damages you can recover include:
1. Economic Damages
Economic damages are any damages with a calculable monetary value. They are meant to cover all the expenses you may have incurred due to the accident. Economic damages include medical bills, repair and replacement costs for damaged property, and loss of income.
2. Non-economic Damages
It is difficult to calculate non-economic damages since they have no standard financial projection. These damages include disfigurement, pain & suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life.
3. Punitive Damages
Punitive damages are awarded when the at-fault party is guilty of acting in a way that disregards the general public’s lives. These damages are rarely awarded, and when awarded, they do not serve as compensation but rather as a warning to the defendant and others not to act similarly.
How Is Fault Determined?
When determining fault in a car accident in Miami, it will be best to work with a skilled and experienced lawyer. Here is how fault is determined in a car accident:
– Duty of care: Drivers have the duty of care to drive safely and responsibly. Their duty of care commences when they get behind the wheel, and they are legally required to grant fellow road users the care they expect to be accorded in a similar situation.
– Breach of duty of care: For the driver to be held liable for the accident, you must prove that they owed you a duty of care and, by not upholding it, were in breach of their duty of care to you.
– Causation: You must prove that the driver’s breach of duty of care is the actual cause of the accident, which caused your injuries and losses.
– Damages: After you prove that the driver’s actions directly caused the accident, that is, responsible for the damages and injuries you suffered, the court will hold them accountable.
How Long Do I Have To File A Claim?
There is a time limit to filing your car accident claim, and while it varies from state to state, in Florida, you have a four-year time limit from the date of the accident to file your claim. Filing your claim after your statute of limitation expires renders your claim invalid, which means you cannot seek compensation for any damages or injuries you may have sustained in the accident.
How Can A Lawyer Help Me File My Insurance Claim?
After getting into a car accident, it would be best to hire a lawyer to review your case and help you file your insurance claim once they establish you have a strong case. Working with the skilled car attorneys at Klotzman Property Damage Law will help ease your claim process. There are different steps involved in the claims process, and here is how a lawyer can help you file your insurance claim:
– Alerting your insurance company: The attorneys at Klotzman Property Damage Law will ensure they alert your insurance company about the accident on time.
– Sending reports: Our car accident attorneys will send your insurance company the necessary reports related to the accident. These include police reports, medical reports, and a highly detailed report of any losses and damages you suffered in the car accident.
– Communicating with the adjuster: Our lawyers will communicate with the insurance adjuster on your behalf, who typically reaches out once we send the relevant reports.
– Car assessment: After you get into an accident and begin the claims process, your insurer will recommend a mechanic to conduct your car assessment. You do not have to work with their mechanic. We will get you a mechanic to conduct a thorough car assessment.
– Collecting evidence: The experienced attorneys at Klotzman Property Damage Law will work with other experts to help you gather all the key evidence about the crash, then send it to your insurance company.
– Sending a demand letter: Our experienced lawyers will help you assess and determine the value of the damages, then help you draft a demand letter, which we will send to the other party’s insurer.
– Filing a claim: Our car accident attorneys will help you file a car accident claim, ensuring that you follow the right steps and it is filed before the statute of limitation expires.
What Can I Do If Insurance Denies My Claim?
It is not unusual for insurance companies to deny a car accident victim’s claim. Your claim may be denied for several reasons, including the following:
– Policy limit: Insurers can deny your claim if it surpasses your insurance policy limit.
– Statute of limitation: An insurance company may deny your claim if you filed it after your statute of limitation expired.
– Shared fault: Insurance companies may deny your claim because you were at fault.
-Intentional misconduct: Insurance companies can deny your claim stating that you were involved in intentional misconduct such as driving under the influence.
Insurance companies will do everything to avoid paying you damages, so you should contact the skilled attorneys at Klotzman Property Damage Law if insurance denies your claim. We understand how stressful and frustrating it can be to deal with uncooperative insurance companies. Let us review your claim to determine why it was denied, and then we will help you build a strong case that will ensure the insurance company pays you all the damages you deserve.
Do I Have A Case?
You may have a case if you get into a car accident and suffer losses and injuries due to the other party’s negligence. It is in your best interest to consult with a skilled car accident attorney who will help you establish if you have a strong case and your available legal options. The specific factors surrounding your car accident will determine whether or not you have a case.
These factors include:
– The other party’s negligence directly resulted in you suffering damages and injuries
– The other involved party admits to being at fault
– The other driver was in breach of their duty of care
What If The Other Party Is Uninsured?
Car accidents are a stressful ordeal and can get even more stressful if the other involved party is uninsured. If you are involved in a car wreck, and the other driver does not have insurance, you will have to cover the costs of the damages. It will help to talk to an experienced car accident lawyer so they can help you explore your legal options and establish the best course of action.
Some of the options you may have after getting in an accident with an uninsured driver include the following:
– Uninsured motorist coverage (UMI): If the other driver does not have insurance and you have uninsured motorist coverage, you can file your car accident lawsuit with your insurance company. Your insurance will cover your damages and medical costs, if any, then they will take up their fight of seeking compensation with the uninsured driver.
– File a car accident lawsuit for personal injury and property damage: Our car accident attorneys can help you file a lawsuit if you do not carry uninsured motorist coverage. Navigating such a claim can be challenging, but we have the necessary skills and expertise to help you.
How Can I Obtain An Accident Report?
If you are from Miami, Florida, you can obtain your car accident report online from the FLMHSV portal. You can also obtain your car accident report by mail or in person. A fee applies for obtaining a car accident report regardless of your chosen method.
Your car accident report may take up to 10 days from the day you filed it to be available to you, the other involved party, and any other specific party that may be included in the statute. Car accident reports in Florida are typically exempt from disclosure to the general public for 60 days from when the report is filled. Each car accident report costs $10.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents are serious incidents that may not only alter the victim’s life trajectory forever but can also be fatal. If you are lucky, you will only sustain minor, treatable injuries, but most people suffer severe injuries that demand extended medical attention. Here are the common car accident injuries that victims sustain:
– Brain injuries
– Back injuries
– Neck injuries
– Head injuries
– Internal injuries
– Facial disfigurement
– Leg & knee injuries
– Spinal cord injuries
Types Of Car Accidents We Handle
At Klotzman Property Damage Law, we have a proven track record of helping our clients recover damages from different car accidents. We are knowledgeable about the laws regarding car accident claims and handle the following types of car accidents:
– Driving under the influence of accidents (drinking & drugs): While it is illegal to drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol, a surprisingly high number of car accidents are caused by driving under the influence. Contact our skilled car accident lawyers if you have been involved in a car accident where the other driver was driving under the influence.
– Distracted driving: One must pay attention while driving to avoid causing an accident. A minute of distraction is all it takes to cause a serious car accident. Our highly experienced lawyers have worked on multiple distracted driving cases and will offer you legal counsel on navigating such a case.
– Head-on collisions: Getting into a head-on collision accident often results in severe life-changing injuries and, in worse cases, death. Should you get into such an accident and survive, ensure you contact our car accident lawyers as soon as possible. We will help you build a strong case and ensure the insurers pay you maximum damage.
– Hit & run accidents: Navigating a hit & run accident without legal help or knowledge of the law can prove challenging. Klotzman Property Damage Law has unbeatable experience and expertise and will help you navigate a hit & run accident, ensuring you get justice and recover damages.
– Rear-end accidents: Tailgating, panic stops, and driver inattention are among the common factors that result in rear-end accidents. Whatever the case may be, let our skilled car accident attorneys help investigate your case and ensure that the at-fault party pays you maximum damages.
– Reckless driving: Driving recklessly is against the law as it puts other road users at risk. These accidents are usually serious and, in most cases, fatal. Let the skilled attorneys at Klotzman Property Damage Law offer you legal counsel and representation if you have been in a reckless driving car accident.
– Rideshare accidents: Over the last few years, there has been a significant increase of Uber & Lyft vehicles on the road, which has contributed to a spike in road accidents. It can be challenging to navigate a rideshare accident without the help of a professional car accident attorney. Let our skilled car accident attorneys help you or your loved one recover damages if you have been in a rideshare accident.
– Rollover accidents: While these types of accidents are rare when they occur, they are fatal. If you or a loved one get into a rollover accident, ensure you immediately call our Klotzman Property Damage Law car accident lawyers. We will help you establish whether you have a strong case and help you recover full compensation.
– Speeding accidents: While speeding is illegal, it is a common cause of most car accidents. If you get into a car accident resulting from the other party speeding, immediately call our car accident lawyers. We will review your case, build a strong argument, and ensure that we help you recover damages.
– Uninsured motorist: It is not uncommon to get into a car accident involving an uninsured motorist or one with little insurance. Navigating such accident claims proves to be hectic. At Klotzman Property Damage Law, we have helped multiple clients navigate uninsured motorist accidents and will do the same for you, ensuring you recover damages for losses and injuries you suffer in such an accident.
Contact The Skilled Car Accident Attorneys At Klotzman Property Damage Law Today!
Florida reports some of the highest numbers of car accident cases. After suffering severe injuries in a car accident, the last thing any victim should have to deal with is uncooperative insurance companies. You will need legal help and expert knowledge of how car accident claims work to navigate the process.
You do not have to face the aftermath of your car accident alone. At Klotzman Property Damage Law, we understand how difficult insurance companies can be, so we will ensure they pay you your rightful compensation. We will take our time to develop personalized strategies to help you build a strong case against the insurance company.
Contact our skilled Miami car accident lawyer for legal counsel if you have been in a car accident. We will analyze your case, help you establish if you should file a claim, and help you navigate the process seamlessly. Call 954-915-7405 or online now to schedule a free consultation.