You may be eligible to lodge a personal injury claim when you sustain preventable injuries due to another party’s negligence. Often, the aftermath of the injury can take a significant financial, physical, and emotional toll on you and your loved ones, not to forget the stress that comes with battling the legal case. Fortunately, our Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyers can help you fight for your rights and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
The skilled personal injury attorneys from Klotzman Property Damage Law have successfully represented personal injury victims in different accident claims. We understand that personal injury cases vary, so we offer our clients a personalized approach. With our extensive experience and expertise in the law, we will analyze your case and establish sturdy strategies to ensure you get justice and recover full damages.
Suppose you or a loved one have been involved in a personal injury accident. Reaching out to a personal injury lawyer for legal representation will be best. Call the Klotzman Property Damage Law personal injury attorneys today at 954-915-7405 to schedule your free consultation.
What Should I Do After An Injury?
Personal injury accidents can vary from vehicle accidents to slip-and-fall accidents. However, what you do right after you sustain the injury will likely affect the damages you receive. It will help to take these steps after an injury:
– Get medical treatment if needed and keep records of all treatment: Regardless of your injury, ensure you seek immediate medical attention. Delaying to receive medical treatment can affect your claim’s credibility. It also helps to keep all your treatment records, as they will come in handy when you file your claim.
– Take photos/videos if you can: Documenting the scene of the accident is necessary as it can significantly help your case. If you cannot document the scene, consider relegating that task to someone who may be at the scene of the accident. It also helps to take photos and videos of your injuries.
– Get names and numbers of any witnesses: If there are any witnesses around, ensure you get their names and numbers. It makes it easier to track them later, should you need them to testify when the case goes to trial.
– Report the incident: You must always report an accident when it happens. Doing so ensures that you will have a record proving your credibility should you file a claim. Call the police if it involves a vehicle accident, report workplace accidents to supervisors, and report to the premise manager if it involves premise liability.
– Never admit fault: Anything you say after sustaining a personal injury can potentially be used against you, so you must never apologize or admit fault. All you ought to do is provide your name and exchange the necessary information.
– Call a personal injury lawyer: When you suffer a personal injury, you must call a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. A personal injury attorney will assess your case and help establish whether you should file a lawsuit.
Why Do I Need A Lawyer?
Depending on the nature of your injury or accident, it can be difficult to navigate the claims process without the help of a skilled attorney. Our Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorneys, have handled different personal injury claims and can help you maximize the value of your claim. Some of the ways a personal injury attorney can help with your claim include the following:
– Case preparation/ filing a lawsuit: A skilled personal injury lawyer will review your case, helping you understand all your options and the different steps involved. They will also help you gather and compile all the relevant evidence and then file a lawsuit within the statute of limitation, following the appropriate steps.
– Settlement negotiation: Lawyers have extensive experience handling similar cases and negotiating with insurance companies on behalf of clients. Without experience and knowledge dealing with insurance companies, the insurers will likely frustrate you and give you a lowball offer. Klotzman Property Damage Law attorneys will negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf and ensure you receive maximum compensation.
– Trial preparation & representation: If we cannot settle with the insurance companies, we will help you prepare for the trial. We have court experience and know how to navigate a trial. Klotzman Property Damage Law, personal injury attorneys will represent you in court and do everything to ensure you win the case.
You must contact a personal injury lawyer immediately after you have been in an accident, as it ensures you are legally protected. Our team of personal injury attorneys will help you properly document the accident scene, preserving all the relevant evidence to your case.
What Types Of Damages Can I Recover?
The legal damages that personal injury victims receive are intended to compensate them for the losses from the injury or accident. The severity of your injuries and losses will influence the damages you receive. Here are the damages you can recover in a personal injury claim:
1. Economic Damages
Economic damages are easier to calculate and put a monetary value on since there are receipts to prove the costs you incurred due to the accident. These damages typically refer to all the monetary expenses resulting from the accident.
Economic damages include:
– Medical bills: This can include surgical expenses, physical therapy, medication, and future medical care.
– Property damage: This will cover the cost of damage to any of your property damaged in the accident. For instance, if you need to replace or repair your vehicle damaged in a car accident, you can request compensation for your incurred expenses.
– Loss of income: This covers any income you may lose after the accident, whether because you can no longer do your job or need time to recuperate before returning to work. You can ask for compensation for the money you have already lost and the money you will lose in the future due to your injury.
2. Non-economic Damages
Non-economic damages are difficult to calculate since they are abstract concepts with no monetary value attached. For instance, say you were pregnant and lost the child in an accident; what would be the value of holding the child in your arms to you? Non-economic damages include:
– Pain and suffering: With the help of a personal injury attorney, you can seek compensation for all the pain and suffering you experienced during the accident and afterward.
– Loss of enjoyment: Suppose the injury you suffered destroyed your ability to do an activity that brought you joy. Your lawyer can help you receive compensation.
– Loss of consortium: If your injury causes your relationship with your spouse to suffer, you are entitled to compensation for this hardship.
3. Punitive Action
Courts rarely award punitive damages in personal injury cases. When awarded, they are meant to punish the defendant and deter the public from engaging in a similar egregious action. Punitive damages are only awarded to a victim if the defendant’s actions are intentional or a result of willful misconduct.
How Is Liability Determined?
There are various ways to determine liability in a personal injury case. Our experienced personal injury attorneys work closely with other experts, e.g., an accident reconstructionist, to identify the at-fault party. In Florida, the legal standard for assessing fault is pure comparative negligence.
Under pure comparative negligence, your recoverable compensation in a personal injury case is proportionate to your degree of fault. For example, if you are found to be 30% negligent in a slip and fall accident, your compensation will be reduced by 30%, and you will receive only 70% of the total monetary award. Nevertheless, you are still entitled to compensation even if you share some responsibility for the accident or injury.
Suppose you believe that you were partially responsible for the incident that resulted in your injury. In that case, our skilled personal injury attorneys can assist you in comprehending how Florida’s pure comparative negligence may influence how much your case is worth.
Under the state law, here is how you can establish liability:
Duty of care: All persons operating a motor vehicle in Florida owe a legal duty of care to all road users.
Breach of duty of care: Once it’s established that the driver or other defendant owed you a duty of care, you must demonstrate how the defendant breached their duty of care. For instance, in a traffic accident, you must prove how a driver was careless on the road.
Causation: In a personal injury case, you must demonstrate a direct link between the defendant’s failure to exercise their duty of care and your injuries and other losses. For example, you must prove how a driver running a red light resulted in them causing a crash that led to your injuries.
Damages: This final element requires you to prove that you suffered actual harm as a result of the defendant’s breach or violation of their duty of care. This harm may include physical injuries, emotional distress, property damage, lost wages, and medical expenses.
Understanding the elements of negligence is crucial to building a strong case and obtaining the compensation you deserve.
If you have been injured due to someone else’s negligence, contact an experienced Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorney to help you navigate the legal process and protect your legal rights. The knowledgeable personal injury lawyers at Klotzman Property Damage Law will analyze your case during the initial consultation to establish whether all these four elements are present. It is possible to recover compensation without going to court if we can prove these elements in your claim.
What Is The Deadline For Filiing A Personal Injury Claim In Fort Lauderdale?
If you have sustained injuries due to someone else’s negligence, it’s crucial to understand that you have limited time to pursue a personal injury claim. In Fort Lauderdale, all personal injury claims have a statute of limitations. The specific time frame will vary depending on the type of accident, but victims generally have four years from the time of the injury or accident to file their claim.
It’s important to note that failure to file your claim before the statute of limitation expires can prevent you from receiving compensation. It’s essential to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney to determine if there are any exceptions to filing a claim beyond the statute of limitation if you’ve missed your deadline.
Working with the skilled team of skilled personal injury attorneys at Klotzman Property Damage Law ensures that you file your claim within the statute of limitation and do not miss out on your rightful compensation. We have a comprehensive understanding of personal injury law in Fort Lauderdale and can help you navigate the legal system to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Our attorneys will work diligently to gather evidence, build a strong case, and negotiate with insurance companies to obtain the maximum compensation available to you. Please don’t wait until it’s too late; contact us today to schedule a consultation and protect your legal rights.
Personal Injury Claims Process
You are entitled to file a personal injury claim if you suffer an injury due to someone else’s negligence. Hiring a lawyer will make navigating the steps involved in filing a personal injury claim easier. Here are the steps involved in a claims process:
- Contact a personal injury attorney: You must hire an attorney knowledgeable about Florida’s personal injury laws so they can guide you through the process. At Klotzman Property Damage Law, we offer a contingency fee payment plan, meaning you will only pay us after we win your case. It will help if you keep a record of all your medical receipts and any payments you made for losses that resulted from the accident.
- Contact your insurer: Once you hire an attorney, you must notify your insurance company. It helps to first consult with your attorney before notifying your insurer. Your attorney will typically draft a demand letter that they will send to the insurer(s) of the party involved, seeking compensation for the injuries and losses you may have suffered from the incident.
- File a complaint: Should the insurance company receive your demand letter and decline to pay the claim, your lawyer will help you file a complaint in the court system. This complaint outlines the evidence in the demand letter and asks the court system for judgment.
- Discovery phase: During this process, you and your lawyer review all the evidence before putting all this information forth as a formal deposition. You are then required to swear that the information you have provided is truthful and accurate in a deposition. During discovery, either party can dismiss the case, agree to settle, or file a motion to delay the case.
- Trial: Most personal injury cases are often settled out of court. Should your case go to trial, your attorney must provide the jury and judge with the evidence and facts that prove that the defendant breached their duty of care to you. The jury or judge will then decide whether your case merits receiving compensation or if it ought to be dismissed.
- Receive compensation: If your case is settled out of court, that counts as an informal settlement. If it is settled in court, it is considered a formal settlement. Generally, formal settlements take a longer period than informal settlements.
If you have sustained a personal injury and want to file a claim, working with a reputable personal injury attorney is in your best interest. A knowledgeable personal injury lawyer can make all the difference for your case and make it easier for you to navigate the claims process.
How Much Will A Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
At Klotzman Property Damage Law, we offer a contingency fee plan to all our injury clients. After scheduling a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys, we will thoroughly examine your injuries, evaluate your case, develop a strong legal strategy, and determine the compensation you are entitled to.
Our contingency fee plan allows you to access legal representation without paying upfront legal fees. Instead, we will deduct payment from your injury claim after we win your case. Our goal is to make legal assistance affordable for all our clients. We understand that you may face significant financial burdens due to medical expenses and loss of income after an injury or accident.
To learn more about our contingency fee payment plan, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 954-915-7405. Our dedicated Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorneys team is ready to help you get the compensation you deserve. We will guide you through every step of the legal process and work tirelessly to obtain the best possible outcome for your case.
Types Of Personal Injury Cases Klotzman Property Damage Law Handles
It is essential to contact an attorney if you or a loved one have been in a personal injury case caused by another person’s negligence. These cases are often serious and can significantly impact the quality of your life. At Klotzman Property Damage Law, we handle different types of personal injury cases, including the following:
– Truck accidents: These accidents are scary and often result in catastrophic injuries that may impact your quality of life. It can be difficult to establish the at-fault party since multiple parties can be at fault in a truck accident. Our skilled lawyers will help you establish the party or parties at fault and ensure you receive maximum damages.
– Rideshare accidents: Uber & Lyft accidents are becoming more common, and the cases can be difficult to navigate without legal help. These accidents can involve single or multiple vehicles, and their severity can range from minor to catastrophic life-changing injuries. We have worked on similar cases in the past and will represent you and ensure you are fully compensated.
– Motorcycle accidents: These accidents are often fatal, and most insurers will blame the motorcyclists and give them lowball offers if any. Most motorcycle accidents are often a result of adverse road or weather conditions or other road users failing to check their mirrors before changing lanes. Let our skilled team represent you and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
– Car accidents: Auto accidents are perhaps the most common type of personal injury claims. Battling insurance companies while recovering from injuries sustained in a car accident can be stressful and hectic. Let our skilled personal injury attorneys fight for you and ensure you receive your rightful compensation.
– Slip and fall accidents: These are common personal injury claims and are often difficult to navigate since the at-fault party will do anything to deny liability. You deserve to be properly compensated if you are injured in a slip-and-fall accident resulting from someone else’s negligence. Contact our skilled personal injury attorneys and let us look into your case and help you build a strong case that will ensure you receive maximum damages.
– Workplace injuries: You should file a workers’ comp claim if you are injured on the job. Most work-related injuries are severe and often impact a worker’s ability to return to work or worse. If you get injured on the job, ensure you seek immediate medical attention, report to your supervisors, and contact our attorneys to help you recover damages.
– Pedestrian accidents: After getting into an accident, you must seek immediate medical attention, report it to the police and contact our lawyers. Our lawyers work with other skilled experts to gather evidence to help you build a strong case. We are well versed with the law and know how the court system works, so you can be sure we will offer you the best legal representation and ensure that the insurance company awards you maximum damages.
– Bicycle accidents: These accidents can lead to catastrophic injuries for the bike rider. It would be best if you worked with our attorney after getting into a bike accident. We will help you establish who caused the accident and what options you may have for pursuing compensation for your injuries.
Klotzman Property Damage Law has a proven track record of successfully helping personal injury victims recover maximum damages. Whatever type of personal injury you have suffered, let us offer you legal representation and ensure that you recover full damages and justice is served.
Contact Klotzman Property Damage Law To Get Help With Your Personal Injury Claim
The injuries suffered from a personal injury or accident can have a lasting effect on your ability to function, enjoy life, and even work. You are entitled to compensation if the injuries and losses you suffer are due to someone else’s negligence. At Klotzman Property Damage Law, our professional personal injury attorneys will dedicate their resources, time, and expertise to pursue your case and ensure you receive maximum compensation.
Our Knowledgeable Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyer has extensive experience representing personal injury victims. We offer a free initial, no-obligation consultation. Call us at 954-915-7405 or contact us online today for a confidential case assessment, and let us help you explore your legal options.