The probability of taking on insurance providers and winning a storm damage claim is very low than many insurance companies care to admit. However, Klotzman Property Damage Law does not consider it entirely impossible. We are confident you can take critical measures that significantly shift things in your favor and see you win BIG on the compensation claim. Contact us to see how a Florida storm damage lawyer could assist you in your claims process.
The weather is as unpredictable and undependable as many insurance providers are because they often deliver below expectation and leave you shocked beyond words. It is not uncommon to hear an insurance carrier deny a storm damage claim citing that the policy in question covered wind damage, flood, or hail damage but not regular storm damage. Or they will send an adjuster to inspect the damage (doing a lackluster job), and a few weeks later, you get a check in the mail with an amount that does not cover the repair costs and other losses. It is best to consider working with an experienced and aggressive property damage attorney to ensure the success of your storm damage claim case.
At Klotzman Property Damage Law, we have law professionals specializing in storm damage compensation. We guarantee that our distinguished Florida storm damage lawyer will ensure you get the best legal counsel as you face your insurance provider seeking reimbursement for damages to your property and other losses incurred after a freak storm. Call us today at 954-915-7405 to schedule a non-obligatory consultation and learn more about our services and the benefits of hiring a lawyer.
What Types Of Storm Damage Are There?
We might discuss the potential benefits of taking insurance coverage for your property, protecting it against storm damage. Still, insurance carriers do not care much about the damage and losses you incurred or how the claim payout will help you get back on your feet. They will be keen to retain the money you have given them for safekeeping for such troubling and disruptive episodes in life.
Still, we shall insist on having an insurance policy and make an informed decision when purchasing one. Take the time to know the potential bad weather conditions you might encounter in Florida and the damage extent they can cause to your property. Top storm damage types worth appreciating as you go for insurance coverage include:
- Heavy winds like tornadoes and hurricanes cause significant damage. The winds are so strong and violent that they uproot trees, pick up and toss about vehicles, rip roofs, walls, and entire buildings from their foundations, and other damages.
- Floods wreak havoc and amount to millions of dollars in damages annually, especially when the excess water damage levels are linked to heavy rains. Flooding is worth noting if you live in regions prone to hurricanes and other freak wet-weather episodes. It causes foundation and wall damage and leads to mold and mildew infestation if not corrected, which is a health risk.
- Lightning strikes are associated with thunderstorms, and power surges that damage electronics in and outside our house are very likely to happen when lightning strikes your home. Lightning can also damage your vehicle, trees, and various installations or even cause death if a person is an unfortunate victim.
- Hailstone causes significant property damage. Frozen water droplets form in a thunderstorm cloud and fall as ice balls. They hit surfaces with a lot of force when they fall and can dent, crack, break, or penetrate through various materials upon impact. Roofs take the biggest hit when hailstorms come knocking.
Do I Need To File A Storm Damage Claim With My Insurance?
Going up against your insurance provider when pursuing a storm damage claim can be intimidating. Still, things will seem less challenging when you have an aggressive property damage attorney on your side advocating for your rights and interests. It is best to consider hiring one because insurance carriers are known to look for loopholes to exploit to avoid paying claims. Moreover, you need a legal professional to ensure your insurance provider does not violate your right to seek compensation. It is also important to keep the Florida statute of limitations on insurance claims in mind when dealing with your insurance provider.
How Do I Prepare For My Storm Damage Claim?
Our Florida storm damage lawyer will help you cover the different steps required when filing your claim. The attorney guides you to ensure everything is accurate. The things you must do to make sure you file your claim on time and avoid hiccups include:
- Get in touch with a property damage attorney immediately after the storm to ensure you have effective representation as you reach out to your insurance carrier to start the claim process.
- Document the damage and losses incurred after the storm. It will be useful when your insurance provider sends an adjuster to inspect to determine the compensation amount for repairs, rebuilding, and replacements.
- Do not discard any damaged items before checking with your insurer. Insurance carriers expect you to show proof of the damages incurred even though the local municipality advises people to throw away such items for safety reasons.
- Inform the insurance company of the storm damage to get the claim process rolling as soon as possible. Remember that insurance carriers will prioritize clients who incurred the most losses and damages after a storm. Therefore, acting shortly after the storm ensure you are not way down the waiting list.
- Sign up for alerts from your insurance provider to ensure you get a text message (SMS) notifying you of your compensation claim’s status, including when estimates are available and when a payment is sent.
- Take note of available emergency services in case you need to call for immediate assistance. For instance, you might need a roof repair, boarding up doors, or removing water from the house and other issues that can cause further damage to your home.
- Exercise your record-keeping skills. Maintaining an updated claim dairy is essential when filing a storm damage claim. List the different people you consult about your claim, noting the dates, times, and issues discussed.
Is Storm Damage Covered Under A Homeowner’s Policy?
Homeowner’s insurance coverage can protect your property against certain storm damage types, including lightning strikes, hailstorms, hurricanes, and heavy snowfall. But most policies will not include disasters like floods. Hence, take the time to review the insurance policy to understand what storm damages are covered. We recommend consulting with your lawyer before you make any final decisions.
Are There Deductibles And Limits For Storm Damage?
Most insurance carriers include deductibles in their homeowners’ insurance policies. The amount is mostly a percentage of your property’s value instead of a flat charge, and it can significantly balloon your financial burden if the storm damage is severe. The portion can be anywhere between 1% and 10%. Insurance companies can determine what qualifies as “triggers,” and these will invoke the deductibles. In short, for the insurer to cover the losses a policyholder incurs, there must be a named storm that caused the damage.
Nevertheless, an experienced lawyer can help ensure that you do not suffer substantial losses if your homeowner’s coverage includes deductibles or limits for storm damage.
How Can A Storm Damage Lawyer From Klotzman Property Damage Law Help With My Claim Process?
Florida laws give people the right to take legal action against any person or entity that trumps their rights or seeks to exploit them for personal gains. Insurance companies are notorious for using people for financial gains even though they offer essential services. You will pay insurance premiums on time to avoid penalties and do your best to avoid breaching the terms of service, but your insurance carrier will not uphold their end of the deal when you are in a bind and need financial aid. You expect them to reimburse you for the full value of the damaged property, but they can give you a lesser settlement or reject your claim.
Hence, we are confident that your chances of getting what you are rightly owed are better if you consider hiring a tenacious Florida storm damage lawyer because insurance carriers are known to look for loopholes to exploit to avoid paying claims. Moreover, you need a legal professional to ensure your insurance provider does not violate your right to seek compensation. You enjoy the following benefits when you hire a seasoned lawyer:
- Get quick and favorable results.
- Lower the risk of undervaluation or denial of your claim.
- Proper collection and preparation of required documents.
- Professional representation at the settlement negotiation table.
- Prepare for trial if negotiations fail.
Call Us To Hire A Lawyer Who Will Ensure Your Rights And Interests Are Protected
Weather conditions have become increasingly unpredictable and undependable. The same can be said of the many insurance providers out there because they often deliver below expectation and leave you shocked beyond words. It is not uncommon to hear an insurance carrier deny a storm damage claim citing that the policy in question covered wind damage, flood, or hail damage but not regular storm damage. Or they will send an adjuster to inspect the damage (doing a lackluster job), and a few weeks later, you get a check in the mail with an amount that does not cover the repair costs and other losses. It is best to consider working with an experienced and aggressive attorney if you are to win BIG.
At Klotzman Property Damage Law, we have law professionals specializing in storm damage compensation. We guarantee that our distinguished storm damage lawyers in Florida will ensure you get the best legal counsel as you face your insurance provider seeking reimbursement for damages to your property and other losses incurred after a freak storm. Call us today at 954-915-7405 to schedule a non-obligatory consultation and learn more about our services and the benefits of hiring a lawyer.